New USTSA Membership Options Available
In recognition of a variety of levels of involvement in telemark racing, the USTSA board has added several new membership options as well as an Event/day license which can be purchased at individual races. “Our new membership structure will to help provide more membership or license choices than in the past. Our goal is to increase participation and have all telemark racers take advantage of the form of membership or license that best fits their situation.” said Russ Hobbs, President of USTSA.
As in the past, USTSA will offer a voting membership for supporters of USTSA who want to have a vote at the Annual General Meeting and who want to help keep USTSA moving forward in supporting the sport of Telemark Racing. Competitive Memberships will continue to be available for those racers who want to have their points tracked, want to race in the Elite category and want to be considered for the US National Teams.
In addition, USTSA has added Junior Membership for youth 14 and under and an Alumni Membership for former US Telemark National Team Members who wish to continue to support USTSA financially with a membership and in governing, with the right to a vote at the Annual General Meeting.
Event licenses will be offered at each USTSA sanctioned event at $20 per day. This license allows a racer who attends very few races to have their points tracked for the season without purchasing a full Competitive Membership. However, Event License holders will not be eligible to race in the Elite category at Nationals, will not be eligible for a US Team position, and will receive no other membership benefits.
USTSA hopes that all Telemark Racers who enjoy participating in our sanctioned events, or have enjoyed them in the past and wants to see the sport continue and progress, find the membership or license option that best suits your situations and will purchase your membership now.
Below is a full description of each type of membership or license:
- $30 per year if purchased prior to October 1, $45 per year if purchased after October 1
- Voting members support USTSA and have a vote at the Annual General Meeting held in conjunction with the US National Telemark Championships.
- Voting members will not have points tracked.
- Voting members will not be eligible for US Team Positions
- Voting members are not eligible to race in the elite category at Nationals
- Voting members are usually family members, friends and general supporters of the sport.
- $60 per year if purchased prior to October 1, $90 per year if purchased after October 1
- Competitive License holders have the voting rights of a voting membership. In addition, Competitive members have the following:
- o Points for all USTSA Sanctioned races and FIS World Cup Races will be calculated and tracked.
- o Eligible for consideration as a US Team Member (A Team, B Team, Development Team)
- o Eligible to race in the Elite Category at US Telemark National Championships.
- $20 for a Junior Membership
- Youth, 14 and under would be eligible for a discounted membership. Proposed fee would be the same, regardless of the time of the year the fee was paid. There will be no penalty for a mid-season registration.
- Junior members would not be eligible for US Team positions, including the Development Team. To be considered for the Development team, a racer must have a full competitive membership.
- Points will be tracked for Junior members.
- Junior members will not have voting privileges.
- Must have parental signature on Junior member application.
- $20 annual membership fee for prior members of USTSA team. Proposed fee would be the same, regardless of the time of the year the fee was paid. There will be no penalty for a mid-season registration.
- Alumni membership would not include points carryover. Racer would need to buy an event license each year or purchase a full competitive license to avoid USTSA points retention rules.
- Alumni members would be considered Voting Members under the bylaws and have the same rights and benefits as other voting members.
- $20 per day license.
- Points tracked for current season only. If racer does not renew (either with day license or full membership) the following season, points will be dropped from the USTSA database.
- Day license holders will not be eligible for US Team positions ,
- Day license holders cannot race in the Elite category at nationals
- Day license holders will receive no other membership benefits,
- In the event a day license holder elects to purchase a full membership, no credit will be given for the day license fee already paid.