Freeheel Life Cup Prelim – Breckenridge Resort, CO
February 2 - February 4
The Freeheel Life Cup Prelim telemark freeski competition at Breckenridge Resort is scheduled for February 2-4, 2018. This USTSA sanctioned event is a telemark freeskiing preliminary competition in the Freeheel Life Cup Series. Telemark demo tents, open to the public, will be at the base of Peak 7 on Saturday with apres party to follow at Sevens, also at the base of Peak 7.
Freeheel Life Cup Prelim
Thursday, February 1
- Junior Freeski Athlete meeting @ 5:30 pm
Friday, February 2
- Junior Freeski Prelim Competition
- Junior Freeski Prelim Awards @4:30
- Adult Freeski Athlete Meeting @ 5:30 pm
Saturday, February 3
- Adult Freeski Prelim Competition
- Telemark demos, community, awards and Apres party at base of Peak 7
Sunday, February 4 – Weather day if needed
See Detailed Preliminary Schedule (to be added)
Additional Freeski Information:
- Avalanche beacons, helmets, and bibs required on course at all times. Spine protection is highly recommended.
- Registration will be capped at 55 Adults and 55 Juniors, and will close on January 29th, 2018 unless previously sold out.
- Adults are those who are 18 years of age by 9/1/17 (unless you are a high school senior, then you may compete in the Junior division).
- Junior racers have two age groups:
- Junior division is 14 and under as of 9/1/17
- Junior 1 division is age 15-17 as of 9/1/17 (or a current high school senior)
- Registration fee is $135 for Juniors and $175 for Adults.
- Athlete meetings and registration will be held at One Ski Hill Place.
- See freeski competition rules here (rules are undergoing minor revision and will be posted at a later date)
- Waiver Forms will be required to compete. They must include the competitors signature, or a parent’s signature if the competitor is under 18 years of age. It will help the registration process if you print these waivers and have them completed when you arrive at check-in/registration. If you are under are under age 18 and your parent will not be with you at sign in, then you must bring signed waivers with you. No Exceptions.
- USTSA Waiver
- Breckenridge Waiver (will be posted at a later date)
Breckenridge Resort 971-453-5000
There is a lodging deal for 30% off Valid 1/15-3/17. Click Here for more information.
For more information as we get closer to the event, check back here or visit our Facebook page